Saturday, August 05, 2006

Back to Work

Me on my holidays...

After the Holidays, the Work.

Here you can see me with a Sicilian on the lovely beaches of South West England. No prizes for guessing who is who...

Thanks be to God, after just one interview I found a graduate trainee position in a library!

I have found that the more I try to take the "lowest place" in life, the closer to peace and happiness I get. It doesn't mean having no self-respect, but rather trying to be honest and genuinely useful; reasonable, in the sense that Fr. Giussani has taught us, paying attention to reality according to all its factors.

Well, now I feel, at the same time, rather "dry" and "empty", but at the same time immensely happy and expectant. I want to do all that I can to follow Christ in this reality, this life, and not some other life that I imagine.

And I wish the same for you.




Here is a useful resourse I wanted to share:

A simple plan for reading the whole Bible and Catechism of the Catholic Church in one year, with just 30 mins per day.

There's also a Canadian "revert" to Catholicism who keeps a Blog for Bible and Catechism readers, where you can "jump aboard" the identical same plan with others all over the (Internet-accessing) world.

Personally, I already read the Bible, the Catechism and Vatican II right through a few years ago... but then that's my style. "Just give me the manual!"

Peace, pax and shalom.

1 Comments:

Blogger owenswain said...

Thanks for the plug for our group blog, the CCDB. Best to you in the UK.
::thrive!
Owen {host of CCDB}

Sunday, August 06, 2006 6:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home