Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Civil Christianity

I just finished a long break in blogging, so I doubt that anyone is reading this thing anymore.

However, the one thing that has struck me recently is the almost total lack of Christianity from our public life in the UK.

If it hadn't been for the particularly amazing education that my parents gave me growing up, I never could have searched so long and hard (and even that was not so impressive!) for meaning and finally been lucky enough to meet someone who lived Christianity simply and humanly enough for me to recognise Christ in my life.

I think this must be a rare phenomenon.

Christians today hardly say anything positive, realistic or concrete at all; at most we appear to the world utterly negative.

Let us look into our experience and re-discover the fact that someone had the courage to propose a fact to us; the fact of Christ.

3 Comments:

Blogger Oscott Seminarians said...

Hello all!

My name is Henry and I am part of St. Patrick's Evangelisation School in Soho Square. We have just begun a blog for our group, and would be grateful for any publicity you could give it! Many thanks,

www.sohope.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 15, 2007 12:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from what i've read in your blog, you are brave ! thanks !

Saturday, February 17, 2007 3:07:00 PM  
Blogger Thomas Coolberth said...

We'll I'm reading this and I'm fascinated at what is going on in the land of my ancestors.

-Tom in New England.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 4:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home