Friday, June 16, 2006

Hope in the UK

The Alive and Kicking Campaign has been launched, a coalition of pro-lifers, aiming to at least reduce the number of children aborted in the UK.

Tip of the hat to XT3 for this news.

The early Church rescued children who had been abandonned outside the city walls.

Now we have the duty to speak for children who don't even make it this far.

For me, it recalls the words of T. S. Elliot, in Choruses from The Rock : thinking that everything has been accomplished, we don't even guard the most basic foundations of our society, when really, unless we are vigilant, this country will collapse beneath us.

Belong to CL has shown me another meaning for the words "pro-life": how much value do I really attach to my own life? Do I realise that there is only one life, really, which I am priveledged to be able to share in, which I have the gift of sharing in, and does it make me grateful?

I don't want to be only "anti-death" but "pro-life"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home